Please note: A TED.com account is not the same as a TED Membership subscription. For information on how to cancel auto-renewal of your recurring TED Membership donation, please visit this article.
Do you need to deactivate your TED.com account? Want to stop TED Recommendations? No problem, it's a quick process. To verify that we have the correct account, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a removal request. Please include your TED.com account email and the unique URL of your profile.
To find the URL of your profile:
- Sign in to your TED.com account
- Click your account avatar (the gray square or profile photo in the upper right corner of TED.com)
- In that menu, choose *View Profile*
- Copy the URL of the page from your browser window, as shown in this EXAMPLE:
- Paste that URL in an email and send it to email@example.com
- If you're willing, please let us know why you'd like to remove your account. That feedback can really help us improve our service!
If you're subscribed to the TED Daily email newsletter, please let us know if you'd like to remain subscribed. Otherwise, account removal will also end that subscription. However, account removal will not affect subscriptions to other TED newsletters (e.g. "21 Days of Ideas, TED conference newsletters, etc.). You will need to manually unsubscribe to those newsletters by clicking the "unsubscribe from this list" link at the bottom of that newsletter.