TED Recommends is a service that TED.com account holders choose to activate. To adjust your interests and motivations, follow these steps:
- log in to your TED.com account
- click your account menu (the gray avatar or profile photo in the upper right corner)
- Choose Account settings
- On the left side of the Settings page, click TED Recommends
- You can also click this link to go directly to TED Recommends settings (login required)
- Adjust Your interests and Your motivations
- Click Save changes
To stop TED Recommendation emails, scroll to the bottom of the Recommends Settings page. You'll be able to pause or turn Recommendations OFF. Click Save changes.
(The On and Off buttons do not refer to "pause email notifications," they activate or deactivate the Recommends emails entirely. Only the Paused button will suspend the service for 30 days).